PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST! LET’S GET LOUD!
Yesterday, thanks to your efforts, over 1000 comments were posted on Kansas Governor Sam Brownback’s Facebook page. CAN WE BEAT THAT NUMBER TODAY?
In case you don’t know WHY we are targeting Brownback and Kansas, Kari Ann Rinker’s piece at RH Reality Check has the details. The bill includes
- cutting off medical training for doctors (which may cause the KU Medical School to lose accreditation)
- outlawing Planned Parenthood employees from volunteering at schools
- allows physicians to lie to their patients about pregnancy complications
- forces doctors to lie to patients about anti-scientific and untrue risks with abortion
- and creates a new state income tax on any expense related to abortion.
Brownback’s Facebook page.
Brownback’s Twitter: @GovSamBrownback. If you take the fight to Twitter, please use hashtag: #mybodyyourchoice so we can see all the responses (use that hashtag no matter which anti-choicer you are tweeting at, in fact).
You can also call Brownback’s office at 877-579-6757 or 785-296-3232.
Or you can send him an official message through his contact page.
Kansas is not the only state with a governor who is backing anti-choice legislation.
Utah’s governor, Gary Herbert, currently has ON HIS DESK RIGHT NOW the legislation that will change Utah’s 24hr mandatory waiting period between appointment and abortion to 72 hours.
We need him to VETO it.
Let’s give him the attention and treatment we gave Brownback yesterday.
PHONE #s: 801-538-1000 and 800-705-2464
LEAVE COMMENTS on posts on his FACEBOOK wall
Mandatory waiting period laws serve no other purpose than to shame people wanting an abortion.
Most governors have national aspirations.
Let’s be as loud as possible so that both Herbert and Brownback know the ENTIRE COUNTRY is watching.