Iowa Anti-Choicers Admit They Want to Imprison Women for Abortion
A little over a month into 2013, and one thing is absolutely certain: Anti-choice legislators aren’t going to let the damage that their war on women did to their fellow conservative politicians’ electoral prospects slow them down from competing with each other to show who can concoct the most vile schemes to undermine women’s rights. Now Iowa Republicans are flexing their muscles, trying to show that they hate the ladies even more than the forced-transvaginal-ultrasound folks in Michigan, Texas, and Virginia, or the women-can’t-think-on-weekends-and-holidays nuts in South Dakota.
707.1 Murder defined.
1. A person who kills another person with malice aforethought either express or implied commits murder.
2. “Person”, when referring to the victim of a murder, means an individual human being, without regard to age of development, from the moment of conception, when a zygote is formed, until natural death.
Murder includes killing another person through any means that terminates the life of the other person including but not limited to the use of abortion-inducing drugs. For the purposes of this section, “abortion-inducing drug” means a medicine, drug, or any other substance prescribed or dispensed with the intent of terminating the clinically diagnosable pregnancy of a woman, with knowledge that the drug will with reasonable likelihood cause the termination of the pregnancy. “Abortion-inducing drug” includes the off-label use of drugs known to have abortion-inducing properties, which are prescribed specifically with the intent of causing an abortion, but does not include drugs that may be known to cause an abortion, but which are prescribed for other medical indications.
The point of this bill is, simply put, to throw women in jail for “murder” for deliberately ending pregnancies — and quite possibly for trying to prevent them, as many anti-choicers continue to insist, despite the evidence against them, that the pill and emergency contraception work by “killing” fertilized eggs.
- damereadthis reblogged this from vochoice
- stringsdafistmcgee reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- unfattoovvio reblogged this from rhrealitycheck and added:
- kenocka likes this
- kenocka reblogged this from provoice
- signalsandsoundwaves reblogged this from ravingsofabitch
- i-dont-need-anyone-now reblogged this from vochoice and added:
- vegetablearian likes this
- coffeegleek reblogged this from mquester
- randomstabbing reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- vochoice reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- parsecstogo reblogged this from mquester
- marshall-leigh likes this
- crazzzybusiness reblogged this from jamiebenn
- wereallpeoplehere likes this
- dizzydezzi reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- whimsicalapothecary reblogged this from provoice
- whimsicalapothecary likes this
- estela-artois likes this
- bisexualharukananase likes this
- to-them00n-andback likes this
- benditlikeketchum reblogged this from mquester
- teenageperfectionist likes this
- makeupvodkapizzapeople likes this
- inglourious-babes likes this
- orangecommie likes this
- dizzydezzi likes this
- h-lfblackmagic reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- h-lfblackmagic likes this
- contentment-of-cats reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- curiousmeans likes this
- rhrealitycheck posted this