My Pro-Choice Politician: Kelly Cassidy (D-Chicago)
This is the first in what we hope to be a continuing series where you all nominate state- or local-level elected officials who are standing up for reproductive rights in their communities and states, and we all, as a community, thank them for what they do.
We need to keep reminding these hard-working, often unacknowledged state-level politicians that we see the work they are doing and we are incredibly grateful for it.
This idea was inspired by our post a while back for Kentucky State Rep Darryl Owens.
Today’s Pro-choice Politician is Kelly Cassidy, a rep out of Illinois.
Ms. Cassidy was nominated by Elizabeth Dietz Butterfield on our Facebook page.
Cassidy became nationally famous in early March when she proposed a “Viagra Amendment” to a forced ultrasound bill in Illinois.
Illinois Representative Kelly Cassidy (D-Chicago) is pushing for equality by proposing an amendment to new state anti-choice laws — which require women to undergo an ultrasound before obtaining an abortion — which, in turn, requires men to view a video about the possible effects of taking Viagra before obtaining a prescription.
Let’s thank Rep. Kelly Cassidy for her work in protecting reproductive rights:
- think-globally-blog-locally reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- notime4yourshit reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- apostatesanonymous likes this
- notime4yourshit likes this
- smilefortyeight likes this
- counterftnoire reblogged this from rhrealitycheck
- feminist-space reblogged this from rhrealitycheck and added:
- rhrealitycheck posted this